Now I know this is a UK site, but I highly recommend this event over in the USA. I started going to atheist conventions is the USA back in 2009 (and I was present athe the magnificent Lawrence Krauss “Universe From Nothing” talk). I have made many good friendships with our fellow heathens “across the pond” who I remain in contact with to this day (and hope to see at this convention). It also reminds me of how important the work we are doing is. The problems that do occur in the US and other countries across the word solidify how marginalised and persecuted (yes I will use that word) some people are simply for not believeing in the Sky Fairy.
It can also be the centrepiece of a great holiday!
Host Seth Andrews, (Host of the “Thinking Atheist Podacst”), thepresentation of the Richard Dawkins Award to Steven Pinker, and keynote speaker Paula S. Aspell (senior executive producer of NOVA who commissioned the brillaint documentary on the Dover Trial) as keynote speaker.
I’m already booked up, hope to see you there!
Atheist Ireland in accociation with the Atheist Alliance Internation present the Empowering Women Through Secularism Conference. To be held at the O’Callahagn Alexander Hotel on 28th-30th June 2013.
The Atheist Alliance International will also be holding its AGM during the course of the conference and all members are welcome to attend.
- Ivana Bacik, Irish Senator and member of Atheist Ireland
- Dan Barker, Freedom From Religion Foundation, USA
- Ophelia Benson, author and commentator, USA
- Ann Brusseel, Member of Flemish Parliament, Belgium
- Mairin de Burca, writer and secularist, Ireland
- Carlos Diaz, President Atheist Alliance International, Argentina
- Jane Donnelly, Education Policy Officer Atheist Ireland
- Annie Laurie Gaylor, Freedom From Religion Foundation, USA
- Anthea McTiernan, reproductive rights activist and journalist
- PZ Myers, science professor and blogger, USA
- Maryam Namazie, Council of Ex-Muslims in Britain, Iran
- Taslima Nasrin, novelist and activist, Bangladesh and India
- Michael Nugent, Chairperson Atheist Ireland
- Nina Sankari, Polish Rationalist Association
- Farhana Shakir, lawyer and legal consultant, Pakistan
- Kate Smurthwaite, comedian and activist, Britain
- Anne Marie Waters, One Law for All Campaign, Britain
- Rebecca Watson, Skepchick network, USA
For full details and booking information please go to the Conference Website.
Atheism goes international (updated article) Read more