Atheist Ireland in accociation with the Atheist Alliance Internation present the Empowering Women Through Secularism Conference. To be held at the O’Callahagn Alexander Hotel on 28th-30th June 2013.
The Atheist Alliance International will also be holding its AGM during the course of the conference and all members are welcome to attend.
- Ivana Bacik, Irish Senator and member of Atheist Ireland
- Dan Barker, Freedom From Religion Foundation, USA
- Ophelia Benson, author and commentator, USA
- Ann Brusseel, Member of Flemish Parliament, Belgium
- Mairin de Burca, writer and secularist, Ireland
- Carlos Diaz, President Atheist Alliance International, Argentina
- Jane Donnelly, Education Policy Officer Atheist Ireland
- Annie Laurie Gaylor, Freedom From Religion Foundation, USA
- Anthea McTiernan, reproductive rights activist and journalist
- PZ Myers, science professor and blogger, USA
- Maryam Namazie, Council of Ex-Muslims in Britain, Iran
- Taslima Nasrin, novelist and activist, Bangladesh and India
- Michael Nugent, Chairperson Atheist Ireland
- Nina Sankari, Polish Rationalist Association
- Farhana Shakir, lawyer and legal consultant, Pakistan
- Kate Smurthwaite, comedian and activist, Britain
- Anne Marie Waters, One Law for All Campaign, Britain
- Rebecca Watson, Skepchick network, USA
For full details and booking information please go to the Conference Website.
The ABofC has warned that the CofE is “frustrated” over the issue of women Bishops, the BBC reports.
So there are splits over the appointment of women bishops, gay marriage, calls for disestablishment…how much can this edifice take? Hopefully not much more!
Dr. Younus Shaikh, Pakistani Rationalist and founder President of the Rationalist organization of Pakistan, “The Enlightenment”, who was once sentenced to death for blasphemy in Pakistan, writes here on Islam and Women.
From pre Islamic times when women had freedom, equality and respect to the deplorable state of women today under Islam.