The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /homepages/20/d676116640/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: No tax help for the Ark

Stephen
Calcium
No tax help for the Ark
on: December 11, 2014, 16:09

Was pleasing to see the Kentucky authorities doing the right thing: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/12/11/us-usa-religion-ark-idUKKBN0JP06H20141211

No doubt the AIG crew will bleat about discimination.

Der Zeit ihre Kunst. Der Kunst ihre Freiheit.

Alcuin
Re: No tax help for the Ark
on: December 11, 2014, 20:27

We have our own problems in Scotland with religiously funded creationism/ID literature and dogma.

Quote: Mr Fildes said his organisation [SSS] had evidence of examples at schools in Clackmannanshire and Falkirk as well as South Lanarkshire.

He said: "It is no longer credible to ignore the fact that there are organisations attempting, and with some success, to penetrate our schools in order to present creationism - young earth doctrines - as a valid alternative to established science. Unquote.
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/education/msps-warned-on-schools-creationism-1.677322

Calcium
on: December 12, 2014, 08:36

Why do the religious expect (and get given) privileges that others don't? Why do the authorities treat this particular hobby as being special?

russell20
Calcium
on: December 14, 2014, 08:48

Of course no one on the theist side are bothering to think this through. And there are 2 points which they are purposefully ignoring.

1. If they manage to build their boat then they have negated the need for any magical input from their god thus making him redundant.

2, This is the first theme park, that I am aware of, that celebrates a mass genocide, apart from one incestuous family of course. I am aware that the entire story is total mythology, but, the creationists believe it and that's the point.

lt_zippy2
Administrator
on: December 15, 2014, 21:12

This story really made my day.

What I thought was interesting was that the State Governor, not known for his secularism, even stated that a tax break was not appropriate!

russell20
Calcium
on: December 17, 2014, 03:32

Just found this and I think it could serve as the final word on Ham's attempt at building his ark..

"Ken Ham needs more $100 000 000, modern machinery, a huge team of labour,roads,lumber mills AND tax breaks and never once thinks "you know...I don't think a 500 year old man could pull this off using tools from the Bronze Age"......Anthony Blair

MattR
Calcium
on: December 17, 2014, 12:34

Quote from russell20 on December 17, 2014, 03:32
"Ken Ham needs more $100 000 000, modern machinery, a huge team of labour,roads,lumber mills AND tax breaks and never once thinks "you know...I don't think a 500 year old man could pull this off using tools from the Bronze Age"......Anthony Blair

Ah, but religion always has the big guy as a 'get out of jail free' card. Bible bashers would probably say Noah could build his ark because God helped him. Maybe held his tool?

russell20
Calcium
on: December 17, 2014, 12:57

Indeed I had forgotten about the magical input from the invisible sky pixie, but does'nt that beg the question where is he now that Kenny needs him ?

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.107 seconds.