The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /homepages/20/d676116640/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Evil parent

MattR
Calcium
Evil parent
on: December 11, 2014, 17:50

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30439913

Good news - this evil* moron has been sentenced to 6 years. But even more importantly, what is happening to her 6 (count them) children? The report doesn't bother to comment on this most important aspect of the story. Does anyone know? I hope/trust they have been taken into care and she will never see them again. Incidentally, I wonder if she claimed child benefit from the deputy great satan.

* of course, 'evil' is a silly concept taken literally, but I can't think of a better term for someone so completely vile. 'Wicked'? Maybe foul'?

Alcuin
Re: Evil parent
on: December 11, 2014, 20:22

These extremists seem to think they're better than British society and have a better, god-given way - Islamism.

Calcium
on: December 12, 2014, 08:39

She said the UK was "the last place I would want to live in...

So I take it that once she has completed her sentence she'll be moving out? No, didn't think so!

MattR
Calcium
on: December 12, 2014, 08:58

Funny how little critiques of religion sometime slip through the establishment net. In his summing up, the judge said: "You hold to an ideology which espouses jihad as an essential part of the Ismalist obligation... your beliefs, abhorrent though they are to all civilised people..."

Hmm, strange how if you unquestioningly believe that what is written in a 1500 year old book tells you to give to charity you are a good person, but if you unquestioningly believe that what is written in a 1500 year old book tells you to kill infidels, you are a bad person. Surely it is simply the fact that someone would have an unquestioning belief in a 1500 year old book that is the problem, no?

But what really caught my eye was what her defence QC (yes, HER lawyer) said in mitigation. The QC said that the convict has: "inflexible religious sensibilities... we are dealing with someone whose thinking is deeply immature".

A-ha! That's more like it. An admission that someone who unquestingly believes something is deeply immature, ie. virtually all people who subscribe to Islam and Christianity!

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/11/mother-jailed-promoting-terrorism-facebook

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.083 seconds.