Forum

Welcome to the Atheism UK Forum, which is for the discussion of topics related to atheism. This forum is for use by atheists and others that have a non-religious worldview, who live in the UK

Atheism UK also has a page and groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: Welcome to AtheismUK

Godless
Calcium
Re: Welcome to AtheismUK
on: September 23, 2018, 16:11

Hi Alcuin,

I have to ask......why does no one post on here?

Regards

Alcuin
Administrator
on: September 29, 2018, 11:55

Good question. I think there are many busier atheism sites. We get new members about every other day or so, but few comment.

Three Legs-
and a-
Wheel
Calcium
on: January 11, 2019, 15:54

Quote from crabsallover on October 24, 2016, 07:34
Introduce yourself and tell us about what you'd like from AtheismUK.

Yo.

My handle is three legs and a wheel.

To be a religtard requires one to be intellectually dishonest.

I don't like theists nor do I like what they stand for nor do I like their intellectual dishonesty. To attempt to persuade people to believe in something which has yet to be proved is also dishonest. It is an illogical way forward for a society to take. Had it not been for the past power wielded by religtards, society would not have taken the route it did. It would have not gone gentle into that good night.

This is why, if I see a religtard on a street corner dispensing the crap in the babble, or any other religious tome for that matter, I always, Always, ALWAYS confront and challenge them to provide proof for the existence of their god. In the end, having failed miserably, they usually pack up and walk away. On occasions, they have called the police and called for my removal/arrest. Thus far, the police have taken no action other than to caution me against violence, whether physical or verbal. Other than that, they have, to their great credit, allowed me my rights to free speech. Twixt me and thee, my feeling is that the police have no time for religtards either.

For the record, I am most definitely against violence of any kind.

What's also interesting is that, on several occasions, I have been threatened with violence by religtards unless I vacate the public space that they were active in. Such is their love for their fellow man. Thus far, I have called their bluff and found their threats to be as empty as their brains.

Three Legs-
and a-
Wheel
Calcium
on: January 14, 2019, 11:59

Quote from Godless on September 23, 2018, 16:11
Hi Alcuin,

I have to ask......why does no one post on here?

Regards

I am/was a member of 2 other Atheist sites.

One was very busy with many posts per hour. It is now defunct though not because of a lack of support.

The other is no busier than this one but the activity certainly ramps up when a drive-by religtard drops in.

My feeling is that the world has moved to Twitter and Facebook or whatever the latest social media platform is.

Personally, I wish that forums like this will continue. My feeling is that, one by one, they will close down through lack of support.

Atheism UK-
President
Administrator
on: January 14, 2019, 12:12

Atheism UKs page and group on Facebook are reasonably active:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/atheismUKclosedgroup/ and https://www.facebook.com/atheismukcom/

We are seeking people to spend time talking about Atheism UK and issues on our Twitter account: https://twitter.com/AtheismUK

>Update 3rd December 2014 – Reminder: Our forum is for Atheists ONLY.

Perhaps we should re-open this forum to the religious?

Three Legs-
and a-
Wheel
Calcium
on: January 14, 2019, 16:12

Quote from Atheism UK President on January 14, 2019, 12:12
Atheism UKs page and group on Facebook are reasonably active:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/atheismUKclosedgroup/ and https://www.facebook.com/atheismukcom/

We are seeking people to spend time talking about Atheism UK and issues on our Twitter account: https://twitter.com/AtheismUK

>Update 3rd December 2014 – Reminder: Our forum is for Atheists ONLY.

Perhaps we should re-open this forum to the religious?

Abso - bloody - lutly.

Generally speaking, Atheists are not welcome on christard sites and, once spotted, are banned. I myself are now banned for life from every christard site on the net for my views about religtards and religtardology. They completely disregard freedom of speech, it appears, though how they get away with it is beyond me.

That said, I see no reason for banning religtards on this site. After all, we are not the narrow-minded bigots that they are, are we?

Also, they could provide some much needed 'SPORT' and it may increase the site activity. OK, religtards aren't particularly smart and they do have a difficult job to do, (defending a totally illogical faith that is full of lies, deceit, inconsistencies, bigotry and stupidity), but, it is fun watching them squirm when they realise that they have painted themselves into a corner and are well and truly beaten.

However, why listen to me. I'm new here. I have an opinion is all.

BTW, I neither have a Twitter nor a Facebook account nor do I want one nor do I need one. I'm quite happy contributing to such forums as these.

CriticalSo-
ck
Hydrogen
on: July 29, 2019, 11:47

Hi,

My name's Matt and I was born into a cult called The Jehovah's Witnesses. Broke free about 20 years ago, but some family members remain. Went on the classic journey of clinging to monotheism to generically "spiritual" to agnostic to atheist.

Actually I'm *technically* still agnostic, but as I'll reject any god proposed without evidence, I'm practically atheist for discussion purposes. I would also say that I'm antitheist, but not antideist. I'm a little bit in awe of Christopher Hitchens, what a god he would have made! I enjoy reading the "Dawks" too, Richard Dawkins, but I'm no scientist by any stretch.

I've joined this forum because I've mostly been posting on an Ex-Jehovah's Witness forum and it occurred to me that I'd like to get rid of even that label now. Become an Ex-ex if you will.

Atheism UK-
President
Administrator
on: July 29, 2019, 12:28

Quote from CriticalSock on July 29, 2019, 11:47
Hi,

My name's Matt and I was born into a cult called The Jehovah's Witnesses. Broke free about 20 years ago, but some family members remain. Went on the classic journey of clinging to monotheism to generically "spiritual" to agnostic to atheist.

Actually I'm *technically* still agnostic, but as I'll reject any god proposed without evidence, I'm practically atheist for discussion purposes. I would also say that I'm antitheist, but not antideist. I'm a little bit in awe of Christopher Hitchens, what a god he would have made! I enjoy reading the "Dawks" too, Richard Dawkins, but I'm no scientist by any stretch.

I've joined this forum because I've mostly been posting on an Ex-Jehovah's Witness forum and it occurred to me that I'd like to get rid of even that label now. Become an Ex-ex if you will.

Matt,
Welcome to Atheism UK forum. This forum has a wealth of posts dating back to 2012 so look around.

Atheism UK also has other forums on Facebook: https://www.atheismuk.com/links/atheismuk-com-facebook/

Regards,
Chris Street
President, Atheism UK

Alcuin
Administrator
on: July 29, 2019, 13:30

Hi Matt,
Yes, welcome. I like the "Ex-ex" point of view. We're born non-believers then indoctrinated and that, for me, is the essence of religion. At best, it is a long, pointless journey.

CriticalSo-
ck
Hydrogen
on: July 30, 2019, 09:15

Quote from Alcuin on July 29, 2019, 13:30
Hi Matt,
Yes, welcome. I like the "Ex-ex" point of view. We're born non-believers then indoctrinated and that, for me, is the essence of religion. At best, it is a long, pointless journey.

Pointless and often deadly!

I see that the discussion has moved onto Twitter though, so I'll try and engage on there. It seems like the Wild West to me though, every bar (conversation) you walk into you run the risk of being set upon by an angry howling mob and run out of town on a rail.

Three Legs-
and a-
Wheel
Calcium
on: August 13, 2019, 10:23

Quote from CriticalSock on July 30, 2019, 09:15

Quote from Alcuin on July 29, 2019, 13:30
Hi Matt,

Pointless and often deadly!

I see that the discussion has moved onto Twitter though, so I'll try and engage on there. It seems like the Wild West to me though, every bar (conversation) you walk into you run the risk of being set upon by an angry howling mob and run out of town on a rail.

Do you really care about being set upon by an angry howling mob? All they can use are words - and most not very well. I use the angry howling mob to sharpen my arguments and my ability to hit back.

What I find strange is that christards claim that they are all about peace, love, understanding and acceptance - just as the fictitious zombie boy jesus supposedly taught them. Yet, when christards are good and stoked up, they get real nasty and their true colours show. I find this aspect of christards fascinating. I often go into one of the local towns and wind up the jovies in the town centre and then stand back and watch them flare and flame. Shame on me for deriving pleasure from this spectacle. I think that it's this aspect of me that almost makes me human. 😀

Fitz
Boron
on: November 27, 2019, 16:38

Hello everyone from a new supporter - glad to see numbers growing all the time

Fitz
Boron
on: November 27, 2019, 16:56

I am old and have serious "grumpy-rights" and am ready to use them.
I have been out of UK since 1991
stopped watching tv (the zombie box) in 1993
stopped reading newspapers long before
last time I saw 60 was on someones front door so now I have time to look around - as I am finally in a retirement job
So just this last year I have been watching and catching up on politics and the awful binary nature of public discourse these days.

Well to rephrase - the lack of real public discourse and the barking mob mentality that pervades public space now.

I hope to add a voice of reason to the serious debates and a good rant about the nonsense that's developed while I have been away
Seriously away that long and I notice crap that's got seriously and steadily worse and slipped right under your collective radars -

When did it become OK for:
Supermarkets to refrigerate their clients?

Everyone under 50 (except the faithful) to walk around with their arse hanging out of their trousers?

When did we suddenly need 30 "odd" gender pronouns?

Looking forward to some enlightening discourse

Fitz
Boron
on: November 27, 2019, 17:10

Forgot to say BTW thanks to Chris for your efforts in establishing and maintaining the site.

Alcuin
Administrator
on: November 27, 2019, 18:28

Hi Fitz, Welcome to AtheismUK.
I take it you're not an advocate of political correctness then?! 🙂

Where do you want to start? My modern world is far better than any period in the past; I love my telly; I read news articles; my supermarkets are warm, spacious and friendly; all the young people I know are reasonably presentable (and on the whole more educated); and nowadays the issues faced by LGBTQ people are discussed, far better understood and they are respected as equals.

Any of that enlightening?! 🙂

Please pick a heading and dive in. We've got numerous categories. Mind you, someone sometimes remarks if I try to discuss anything not obviously related to religion/disbelief.

Fitz
Boron
on: November 28, 2019, 05:43

Many thanks Alcuin - you're right, not a fan of political rectitude.
You are also right in that the modern world is a better place now than before.
I do worry about falling standards of education though - and when I look at infants on i-pads all day I see the death of intellect.

Got to say though - an i-pad is a lot better than forced catechism....

Three Legs-
and a-
Wheel
Calcium
on: December 16, 2019, 14:46

Welcome Fitz.

steven k-
palmer
Neon
on: January 8, 2020, 14:30

Hi I'm Steve . I'm a retired business manager from a science based industry , a biology graduate, diving instructor and keen traveller. I have got more and more incensed at how the greatvstrides that have been made by science and reason since Kepler and Copernicus have been wilfully abandoned by a vocal minority of self serving greedy religious entrepreneurs in the USA . Sadly what they do now often filters over here a few years later hence we are beginning to see faith schools popping up in the UK. Sorry to say I took my frustration out on 2 little old ladies who keep stopping by to give out Jehovas Witness leaflets . I gave them both barrels accusing them of being completely deluded and living in a fantasy land. I informed them there was No God and frightened them back out the garden gate. Never see them since.
I met my first creationist the other day , a Canadian businessman, on a dive boat in the Philippines. I mentioned something about the local geology and he spouted that the planet was only 7000 years old. I challenged surely he didnt believe that creationist crap and he seemed quite put out! Since then I have been indulging myself in Dawkins. Dan Baker and Christopher Hitchens you tube videos just to reassure myself there are sane people out there. And there are. Keep fighting guys one day reason will prevail, even in the USA.

Alcuin
Administrator
on: January 9, 2020, 18:30

Hi Steven, Welcome to AtheismUK. Thanks for your contributions as it sometimes feels like my blog! I hope that people will return but I think other topics have people's attention these days.
Unfortunately, faith schools are not only 'popping up' in the UK. They are well established and backed by religions all over the country. While those organisations contribute some money to education they gain far more (it seems to me) from spreading their brand and superstitions. 'Non-denominational' means faith school too, they just push religious superstition in general, not specific cults.
Religions also gain money from installing clerics in posts as councillors such as hospital chaplains. Humanist organisations supply alternative personnel and teaching materials but are not so long-established, or so widely supported.

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.178 seconds.