The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Ofsted personnel threatened

Alcuin
Ofsted personnel threatened
on: December 18, 2017, 11:20

..Amanda Spielman, the chief inspector of schools in England, said she had received some “pretty venomous stuff” from what she believed to be a “mixture of Islamic extremists and the hard left”.

In an interview with the Times on Saturday she said: “I’m not easily bruised. I don’t fall over when I see a load of nasty tweets pointed at me, but there has been some pretty venomous stuff.

“I had an email, which was the most threatening one, which was along the lines of: ‘We know where you live and we can get you any time we want to.’”

In the inspectorate’s annual report published earlier this week, Spielman highlighted disturbing policies and literature used by private faith schools, and called for school inspectors to be given new powers to seize evidence during visits..
Source:
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/dec/16/ofsted-chief-receives-threats-over-private-faith-school-criticism

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.048 seconds.