The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Christmas cards!!.

Cider
Calcium
Christmas cards!!.
on: December 29, 2017, 19:25

Here's a question for all Atheists!, do you send Christmas cards, If so why?.
I do!, and my reason for sending them has absolutely nothing to do with the supposed birth of an alleged son of an alleged god to a alleged VIRGIN!. I send them because I genuinely want my family and friends to have a great time over that period and a fantastic new year!. That's it, plain and simple!. My family and friends (many being Theists) know I'm an Atheist, so realise my reasons for sending them, so come on what are your reasons??.

Alcuin
Administrator
Re: Christmas cards!!.
on: December 29, 2017, 21:24

I send them too. However, I sent ones that benefited the RSPCA this year. In previous years I bought them from the BHA (now Humanists UK) or from the Humanist Society Scotland and those cards wished people a happy Winter Solstice and festive season. No religion mentioned but the sentiments you describe, Cider, are expressed for all, whether religious or not.

Cider
Calcium
Re: Christmas cards!!.
on: December 30, 2017, 02:50

Absolutely Alcuin, my cards this year were from Alzheimer's Research UK, which is fairly close to my heart, as my step father passed from Dementia!. Have a great new year!!.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.038 seconds.