The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: 10 Questions all Atheists must answer...................answered!!

Cider
Calcium
10 Questions all Atheists must answer...................answered!!
on: January 6, 2018, 14:55

I like this video, have a peek and give your opinions!!.

Alcuin
Administrator
Re: 10 Questions all Atheists must answer...................answered!!
on: January 6, 2018, 17:12

Very good. However, I've seen sooooo many of these videos and have finished debating with people who value nonsense over sense.

I think the root of 'belief' of most religionists is the 'give me a boy under 7...' effect. They have been raised to believe in an imaginary friend and an afterlife. This enables them to imagine they still have a relationship with the dead and death isn't the end of their life. It suits their intuition and apparent predilection for the supernatural.

They have been raised to believe 'losing faith' is a loss and there is nothing to be gained by relinquishing their superstitions. That is how superstition works.

Cider
Calcium
on: January 6, 2018, 21:54

Agreed this video is one of sooo many out there!, I was brought up as a christian, was confirmed, attended the pathfinders summer camps ETC!, I accepted the rhetoric on face value until I was about 19 years old, then joined the British Army, experienced so many things that persuaded me my beliefs were misguided. In the cold logic of the forces I became an Atheist/Humanist/ realist, and haven't looked back since!!. Actually my 85 year old mother said to me only this morning "you can't go forcing your ideals on other people!", I just smiled and said "yes mum!", all the time thinking to myself "surely that's what the religious have been doing for millennia!". My mother says she doesn't believe in a god, however I think she's hedging her bets!!.
PS, yes, debating with the religious is a pointless exercise!!.

iansim71
Hydrogen
on: January 9, 2018, 01:15

Do not argue with stupid, they will only drag you down to their own level and beat you with experience,

Markpro
Hydrogen
on: March 18, 2018, 00:24

It may be a pointless excercise to debate the Religious, but when we debate the religeous, its not THEM we are actually debating with. They are usually so far gone in their delusions that it will be impossible to de- convert them, or they are just con artists fleecing the gullible, so probably don't actually believe the bullshit they spew out any way. We will be debating those in the audience, or the people surrounding them, who the religieous are trying to pursuade to join their cult/Church whatever. In this way. we prevent the Church from recruiting new blood, and starve the Churches of new members and funding and influence. So don't try to convert the one you are debating with - think of it as trying to spoil their chances of trying to increase their flock..

Kaizer07
Neon
on: November 15, 2018, 20:54

The video is removed 🙁

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.168 seconds.