The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Non-believers at risk, India and Pakistan

Alcuin
Non-believers at risk, India and Pakistan
on: July 25, 2018, 14:22

https://iheu.org/two-representatives-iheu-simultaneously-vilified-face-separate-legal-actions/
One current and one former representative of the IHEU are under attack in their home countries at the same time. Both face the threat of being subject to discriminatory legal actions, as well as the dangers that come along with any ‘blasphemy’ accusation... Unquote.

So many Brits are so superstitious I can only wonder how long it will take reaction and ignorance to die down on the sub-continent of India.

Godless
Calcium
Re: Non-believers at risk, India and Pakistan
on: July 28, 2018, 23:24

It certainly makes a disheartening read Alcuin. It’s difficult to see how things can change in countries where religion is all. It takes huge bravery to stand up in these countries and say ‘I don’t believe.’ In many countries you would basically be signing your own death warrant. At best you could be disowned by those you love and respect. Would any of us be willing to lose our families over this? We can only hope that an increase of awareness and information perhaps combined with those countries realising that they would benefit from greater contact with the rest of the world (resulting in a need for open minds) might result in gradual change. I can only see this change being glacially slow at best.
We live in hope though.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.044 seconds.