The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Islamist mythinformation and illegal censorship

Alcuin
Islamist mythinformation and illegal censorship
on: September 1, 2018, 10:22

More Islamist enforced censorship and repression of free expression...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/30/geert-wilders-far-right-dutch-mp-cancels-muhammed-cartoon-competition
"..“To avoid the risk of victims of Islamic violence, I have decided not to let the cartoon contest go ahead,” the far-right opposition politician said in a written statement on Thursday night.

Wilders, who for years has lived under round-the-clock protection because of death threats sparked by his fierce anti-Islam rhetoric, said he does not want others put in danger by the contest he planned for November.

News of the competition sparked angry protests in Pakistan and an alleged death threat against Wilders this week from a 26-year-old man, reportedly a Pakistani, who was arrested on Tuesday in The Hague.

Physical depictions of the prophet are forbidden in Islam and are deeply offensive to Muslims..."
Unquote.

Violently and criminally enforced "respect" for their ridiculous superstitions are deeply offensive. More Muslims cause genuine offence than suffer it. It is just as wrong to take offence unduly as it is to offend people gratuitously.

Religiously motivated child genital circumcision (or boys and girls) should be criminalised, never mind being "offensive".

https://humanism.org.uk/2018/08/30/new-pakistani-pm-imran-khan-pledges-to-revive-un-campaign-for-global-blasphemy-laws/
Imran Khan, the newly elected Prime Minister of Pakistan, has made curtailing freedom of speech a priority policy for his administration by vowing to revive a campaign to impose global blasphemy laws at the UN. Humanists UK has expressed serious concerns that the new administration in Pakistan poses a major threat to human rights and is committed to opposing any new attempt to impose an international blasphemy law.
Unquote.

Nothing offensive about an "international blasphemy law" I suppose? 'Modern' Pakistan seems to be particularly afflicted by superstition and violence.

Of course, such backward louts don't speak for British Muslims in general...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40149802/turn-to-love-message-from-muslims-after-london-bridge-attack
"I can speak as a Muslim and say this is not our religion. This does not speak for us. I condemn such barbaric behaviour.
"Muslims around the world are disgusted during this holy month to see such acts being used as part of my religion when it's not..."
And
"It could be your mother, sister, brother and this barbaric, inhumane act does not speak for Muslims."

However, Muslims speaking out isn't stopping all the violence and ignorance. What is needed is an end to religious superstitions and the cult of 'having [religious] faith'.

Last I heard: Geert Wilders was banned from the UK (though the ban was overturned at one point). Apparently it isn't acceptable in the UK to suggest Islam might be incompatible with democracy. Such a ban is evidence that there is some truth to the idea that Islam's mere existence in Britain impedes free speech.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.078 seconds.