Forum

Welcome to the Atheism UK Forum, which is for the discussion of topics related to atheism. This forum is for use by atheists and others that have a non-religious worldview, who live in the UK

Atheism UK also has a page and groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Essence of religious/atheist life

ferguson19-
Hydrogen
Essence of religious/atheist life
on: August 29, 2019, 16:47

Hello everybody.
The essence of christian religious life is this: spending one's life (and money) for others, especially the weakest.
I realize that not many christians do that.

But what is the essence and practice of an atheist life?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Alcuin
Administrator
Re: Essence of religious/atheist life
on: August 30, 2019, 06:29

I would take out the word 'atheist' and, more commonly, the essence of a religious life is "serving God", it seems to me, by which they mean their personal interpretation of course.

If we are talking about things like altruism, philanthropy or charity, then we are probably talking more of humanism than atheism. I think non-belief has no essence, just a meaning. It means one doesn't believe it, nothing more.

Certainly in my experience, religionists are not especially good people. Many do good work but instead of helping the local volunteer groups run by local authorities, NGOs or secular organisations they form sectarian charities like "Christian Aid" or "Islamic Mission" or something.

One example is Remar. Few people recognise the name as a Christian organisation and people give them all sorts of valuable goods to sell for charity, the way people give to Heart Foundation and other charity shops. The proceeds, apparently, only go to specifically Christian charities and in the name of Christianity. Hence:
"Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven” (Matthew 6:1, NKJV).
I suppose.

But thanks to Remar for the good work that they do, nontheless. None of us get everything right.

Three Legs-
and a-
Wheel
Calcium
on: August 30, 2019, 11:09

Quote from ferguson1951 on August 29, 2019, 16:47
Hello everybody.
The essence of christian religious life is this: spending one's life (and money) for others, especially the weakest.

The above is bull shit.

The essence of a christard religious life is for the crutch to acquire as much money and power as possible through those stupid enough not to see this.

Yes, the christard crutch gives money to the poor and needy, but only a miniscule amount of their wealth and only so that they are able to claim that they do good so that they are able to continue to accumulate wealth, and bugger little boys without state interference.

I know that christards don't like to hear such things. So what. They just happen to be a truth that most christards find inconvenient and therefore prefer to ignore.

Here's a fact or two:

Does it not say in the babble that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven and yet, which entity is the richest on the planet? The kat licker crutch - which has so much money, it has no idea just how much it really has. The wealth of the crutch of England can't be a million miles behind the kact licker crutch either, given how much land and shares it owns.

christards claim that paedophillia happens in all walks of life, not just the crutch. However, the only walk of life that actually protects its paedophiles is the crutch. One ex-very-senior cleric recently stated that "...paedophillia does indeed occur in all walks of life. However, it has found a home in the church."

The idiot justin welby, archbishop of canterbury, who, it seems, only opens his mouth to change feet, once had a pop at the so-called payday lender, "Wonga". It later transpired that the crutch of England owned a significant number of shares in Wonga's holding company. The idiot welby appeared to be completely oblivious to this fact, which is odd for someone who is the head of the crutch.

Seems to me that the world's crutches ought to give back the money that they have conned out of society since they existed, rather than conning yet more money out of society in order to quote 'give to good causes'. Maybe, even, they should give their over-stuffed coffers to the needy.

Seems to me that the world's crutches need to stop hiding behind their so-called good deeds that are used to cover up all the harm that they do to society.

ferguson19-
Hydrogen
on: August 31, 2019, 14:03

Quote from Alcuin on August 30, 2019, 06:29
I would take out the word 'atheist' and, more commonly, the essence of a religious life is "serving God", it seems to me, by which they mean their personal interpretation of course.

Serving God in one's neighbour because, as the Gospel says, How can you love God that you don't see, if you do not love your neighbour whom you see?"

Alcuin
Administrator
on: August 31, 2019, 18:48

Yep. Religion = superstition.

ferguson19-
Hydrogen
on: August 31, 2019, 19:41

Yes, yes, only... that is only your opinion

Three Legs-
and a-
Wheel
Calcium
on: September 1, 2019, 09:56

Quote from ferguson1951 on August 31, 2019, 14:03

Quote from Alcuin on August 30, 2019, 06:29

Serving God in one's neighbour because, as the Gospel says, How can you love God that you don't see, if you do not love your neighbour whom you see?"

More bull shit, ferguson.

So you serve de lard do you? 😀

And you know what your fictitious lard wants you to do to serve him, do you? 😀 How, pray tell? 😀

(This should be good for a laugh). 😀 😀 😀

Alcuin
Administrator
on: September 1, 2019, 09:59

My 'opinion' that all gods are superstitions?! See this is what happens when religionists are on the threads. These threads will be full of silly theological claptrap just like all the others. Those who want religionists with whom to "debate" can do so here. I have better things to do with my time.

ThreeWheels, I believe it was you who want religious blurb here? whoever it was, I'll leave you to respond to it. If you could also watch the site and report any advertising, that would also be a great help. Thanks.

Three Legs-
and a-
Wheel
Calcium
on: September 1, 2019, 10:37

Quote from Alcuin on September 1, 2019, 09:59
My 'opinion' that all gods are superstitions?! See this is what happens when religionists are on the threads. These threads will be full of silly theological claptrap just like all the others. Those who want religionists with whom to "debate" can do so here. I have better things to do with my time.

ThreeWheels, I believe it was you who want religious blurb here? whoever it was, I'll leave you to respond to it. If you could also watch the site and report any advertising, that would also be a great help. Thanks.

Alcuin, good Sir ...

No disrespect but this site was dying. In fact, it was probably dead when I arrived. Why it wasn't closed down long ago, due to lack of interest, was beyond me.

christards are a nuisance that this world could well do without. They have done so much damage to mankind that it is either going to take a very long time to recover from, or, in fact, it may never fully recover from. However, for now, christards are a fact of life and, whatever you or I may think of them, they have a right to be heard.

Yes, Atheists like you and I are banned from christard sites but that doesn't mean that we should act like the low-lifes they are by banning them. They are afraid of free speech but not us. We should be open to their stupidity.

Sure, christards aren't the brightest crayons in the box. In fact, they are as thick as pig shit given their beliefs. However, they are easily defeated in arguments since their belief system is bull-shit-based. Also, they can be quite entertaining when wound up.

Yes, christards are also boring little tits who trot out the same unsubstantiated crap as though it were acceptable fact but that's part of their stupidity and 'charm' is it not?

Having the odd christard to use, abuse and generally use as a chew stick will liven this place up a tad and provide some much-needed sport.

We could restrict christards to this thread alone if this would help. However, please do no leave on my account. That would make me feel really bad.

Three Legs-
and a-
Wheel
Calcium
on: September 1, 2019, 11:19

I do so wish that fergie the christard would either 'piss or get off the pot' as it were. Either he should engage, so that I can metaphorically remove his gonads and feed them to the fish, or he should naff off. I would rather he engage because the fish need a feed and I need the sport.

So, fergie, let's see what you have or, just like so many christards, are you full of crap?

Three Legs-
and a-
Wheel
Calcium
on: September 1, 2019, 12:15

Quote from ferguson1951 on August 29, 2019, 16:47
Hello everybody.

OK, fergie boy, I'll kick off the discussion.

You christards are obsessed with the thought that there is a point to this life along with a cause. You christards are so narrow minded and stupid that you can't possibly imagine that life here on Earth may not have a point, nor, indeed, a cause. You christards delude yourselves that there is a point to life and that you actually understand what it is, though how is anyone's guess. You christards even claim that you act in a manner that is supportive of your claim to the point to life.

Well, christard, there is no evidence to support your view. Scientific theory indicates that life developed here on Earth because the conditions were conducive to the development of life. Basically, life developed here on Earth, because it could and for no other reason. Life, here on Earth, is a happy coincidence and therefore has 'no point' as far as we are able to determine. The fact that christards have invented one is irrelevant. Therefore, why should there be 'an essence and practice' to an Atheist life? Because christards claim to have one is no reason for Atheists to have one. Personally, I see nor have a need.

Whilst we are about it, christards are of the opinion that they are the only ones who support good deeds. They are not. Atheists support and do great deeds, just because they want to and not because they will go to hell if they don't or heaven if they do 😉 .

One thing is for sure. christards, since their religion came into being, have been responsible for the death of between 100 and 200 million people. jesus christ almighty, even Hitler 'only' managed to murder 10 million poor souls. That makes you christards 10 - 20 times more evil than even Hitler was!! This number does not include the additional millions that have been raped, pillaged, tortured, enslaved and buggered by you christards. Think on that Goody Proctor. Think on that.

What you also need to understand, fergie boy, is that 40.2% of the UK population, as of the end of 2018, had no religion. That percentage has been rapidly increasing and is set to continue to increase. In 1980, 11.1% of the UK population regularly attended church on Sunday. By 2015, this percentage had fallen to less than 5%. Today, it is even lower.

In the town in which I live, once upon a time, there were 14 churches. Today, all but 3 have closed. One only opens to plant the dead in the local bone orchard, one is for the 'happy clappys' (glad that they have the clap?) and the largest church in the town has only survived because it has gone multi-denominational or multi-dimensional, whichever is the greater. Several years ago, I spoke to a methodist minister who was, at that time, about to take over her fifth church due to dwindling congregations. She told me that the age of her average parishioner was over 65. I also spoke to a united reform church minister. She was already responsible for 5 churches with more being planned. She told me that the age of her average parishioner was over 67.

Wake up and smell the coffee, fergie-christard. You will, very soon, be in a minority and we will be in charge. Rest assured, christard, we will treat you far better than you treated us when your mob was in charge. Note that, in the past, it was illegal to even possess a babble printed in English. The punishment was death. Don't you just love christards and the fact that they are so accepting, loving and forgiving? This, christard, is sarcasm :D.

Three Legs-
and a-
Wheel
Calcium
on: September 2, 2019, 10:03

Tusk, tusk. It looks as if fergie the christard has run orf, doncha know, and won't be a playing out with us on this forum.

Typical christard behaviour.

What is it they say? Facts talk and bull shit walks.

Well, it looks as if fergie boy has done a runner.

Pity. I needed a christard chew stick to have some fun with.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.105 seconds.