Forum

Welcome to the Atheism UK Forum, which is for the discussion of topics related to atheism. This forum is for use by atheists and others that have a non-religious worldview, who live in the UK

Atheism UK also has a page and groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: SNP appear to favour child abuse on the NHS

Alcuin
Administrator
SNP appear to favour child abuse on the NHS
on: September 5, 2019, 14:13

I wrote to my MSP (Member of the Scottish Parliament) recently about the efforts made to stop FGM (Female Genital Mutilation). I suggested MGM (Male GM) should be illegal too. From her reply, it seems the SNP (Scottish National Party) do not think that religiously and culturally motivated FGM and MGM are the same thing. They have bought into the idea that there are "medical benefits" to non-medically required "circumcision" (MGM). They can't see that, by definition, 'non-medical' it isn't done in the interests of the child but due to the ignorance of parents, certain doctors and certain politicians.

They are also quite happy for it to happen on the NHS, according to the Minister for Older People and Equalities, quote, "Religious circumcision for male children is included in the routine waiting list arrangements in NHS Scotland", unquote.

My understanding is that MGM attacks sometimes happen on the NHS in England too. Some doctors probably favour such child abuse.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.031 seconds.