Forum

Welcome to the Atheism UK Forum, which is for the discussion of topics related to atheism. This forum is for use by atheists and others that have a non-religious worldview, who live in the UK

Atheism UK also has a page and groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Beware of Fake News TOPIC CLOSED

Alcuin
Administrator
Beware of Fake News
on: October 3, 2019, 19:43

That title won't be news to anyone, but does everyone check sources properly?
take this utube video for example...

It sounds convincing until you see this...

which appears to show clear discrepancies in her story. She said she escaped with her sister and then her sister "disappeared" after she left. She also said her father was buried and then mentions his ashes. So, that does raise some doubts about her story or motivation in telling it so dramatically.

It is bound to raise some doubts when people change their story, especially about traumatic life-changing events. I will never forget how my parents died and I see no reason why I would say anything ambiguous or contradictory on the subject.

It appears that Ms Park did escape from North Korea, but I am not sure if she recounts her story accurately or consistently. (Ms Park is right to emphasise critical thinking though).

This lady seems more consistent...

Hyeonseo Lee.

France24 has some excellent reports regarding fake news...
https://www.france24.com/en/fight-the-fake

The point is- never take anything on the Internet at face value. ALWAYS check.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.033 seconds.