Forum

Welcome to the Atheism UK Forum, which is for the discussion of topics related to atheism. This forum is for use by atheists and others that have a non-religious worldview, who live in the UK

Atheism UK also has a page and groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Hi Sane People

steven k-
palmer
Neon
Hi Sane People
on: January 8, 2020, 09:58

Hi I'm Steve Im a 61 year old retired Business Manager living in Sussex though I spend most of the winter in the Philippines. I have been an atheist most of my life although I was a lukewarm believer in my teens. I am acutely concerned that Religious believers are immune from criticism and are free to brainwash children and the less intelligent adults with impunity . I have travelled and indulged in discussions with believers across all major religions and find it very frustrating that in this age of reason so many cling to superstitious dogma. Even in the UK no politician in his right mind would admit to being an atheist for fear of being castigated in the medis- remember Neil Kinnock?

Alcuin
Administrator
Re: Hi Sane People
on: January 9, 2020, 18:20

Don't really remember Neil Kinnock being afraid to say he's atheist, but if you say so. Nick Clegg and many others are openly atheist and humanist now so I suppose that's some advance. It is the Tory Party specifically who seem prejudiced against believers, as James Arbuthnot mentioned...
Quote Wiki: "On 16 January 2015, [J Arbuthnot] publicly declared his atheism, stating "the pressure on a Conservative politician, particularly of keeping quiet about not being religious, is very similar to the pressure that there has been about keeping quiet about being gay"; he later clarified that he is not gay." Unquote.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.042 seconds.