The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Introduction first post

vajra888
Hydrogen
Introduction first post
on: November 13, 2020, 23:41

How to introduce oneself. . "Just be yourself ", this was the advice, my carefree childhood school friends used to say as the best way to talk to girls. However, crushed between the anvil of undiagnosed autism and the authority of the Holy Roman Catholic church I did not know even what that meant. Bewildered, by the age of 14 I had reached an existential crisis. I had immatured early and was in no fit state to begin the journey to adult life. Just the omnipresent doctrine of catholic shame. "Don't give us what we truly deserve but forgive us from our sins ", was the weekly demanded subjection. A child under a church pew on his hands and knees begging God for forgiveness. Unworthy, denigrated and condemned by masturbation, God and body, and blood-sucking priests. This is both my introduction and my confessional and I hope I may prove worthy of you as I was so unworthy to them.

Alcuin
Administrator
Re: Introduction first post
on: November 14, 2020, 08:29

Welcome Vagra. You're among more like-minded and rational people here - certainly in our shared rejection of religion and dogma.
Thanks for your support.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.083 seconds.