The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Polls, UK, Decline of Religion

Alcuin
Polls, UK, Decline of Religion
on: January 17, 2016, 19:33

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/world/uk-moving-away-from-religion-survey/184623.html
..The poll, conducted by YouGov last month with a sample of 1,500 across the British population, including recent immigrants, found almost half (46 per cent) have no religion, up from 42 per cent in February 2015 and from 37 per cent in January 2013.

The figure rises to more than 50 per cent among white British, The Sunday Times reported.

The increase in agnosticism is most pronounced among those aged under 40.
Unquote.

Unsurprisingly, it does seem that immigration tends to boost religionist numbers and their superstitions, at least temporarily.

wheels5894
Calcium
Re: Polls, UK, Decline of Religion
on: January 18, 2016, 10:38

Yes, but that's not surprising. People coming to this country are often from Islamic countries where being religious is essential to stay alive. I rather think that as the generations go by, even the most ardent religious beliefs will start to wane. It's just a matter of time.

I also wonder if we might some time see a reformation of Islam rather in the same way Christianity had its reformation. Clearly Islam was written for a much older and more brutal society than the one we have today and sometime, I think, it will have to modify its focus and remove some of the more barbaric ideas to stay relevant.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.