The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Atheism Russia

Alcuin
Atheism Russia
on: March 8, 2016, 13:08

An atheist in Russia, Viktor Krasnov (38) faces the threat of jail time for saying online that, “There is no god” and the Bible is “fairy stories”. source:
http://iheu.org/psychiatric-detention-and-charges-against-atheist-show-soviet-era-abuse-of-psychiatry-apparently-alive-and-well-in-russia-today/

nino1970
Calcium
Re: Atheism Russia
on: March 8, 2016, 15:47

I asked a genuine query of my local police force. If I was to stand outside my local mosque with a banner telling all those of faith they were sadly mistaken and should start taking a personal responsibility for their actions. If I was to call them all stupid and laugh/ridicule them as individuals for believing in such tripe, what would happen to me? The answer was that i'd be arrested on the basis I was inciting religious hatred etc. And yet, those who do believe in a god can come to my door and tell me to my face that as an atheist I am due an eternity in hell? They can post this through my door, post it on large signs outside their places of worship for all to see....., ring their bells or scream out their calls to pray....and with each toll of the bell and with each word spouted, condemn me for being less of a person, evil or not wholly good, regardless of my actions. Go figure, right?

Alcuin
Re: Atheism Russia
on: May 7, 2016, 12:55

"For proclaiming in a heated Internet exchange “there is no God,” Krasnov was confined for a month to a local hospital for psychiatric evaluation. If convicted under Russia’s blasphemy law, enacted in 2013 and making it illegal to “insult the religious convictions or feelings of citizens,” he may spend up to a year in prison."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/05/03/religious-freedom-atheism-russia-saudi-arabia-bangladesh-indonesia-robert-george-column/83846874/

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.042 seconds.