The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Norse Godless - Iceland

Alcuin
Norse Godless - Iceland
on: May 18, 2016, 15:02

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/00-icelanders-25-years-or-younger-believe-god-created-world-new-poll-reveals
The Humanist Associations of some countries are many times the size of the UK in proportion to their populations and what does the PM of the UK say? "I do do God". And the heir to the throne? "I want to be Defender of Faiths".

I shouldn't be rude - but what a pair of plonkers!

Iceland abolished their blasphemy laws a year ago. And in the UK?.....
Quote:
Labour MP Keith Vaz has expressed his support for the reintroduction of UK blasphemy laws – provided they "apply equally to everybody."
His comments were reportedly made at an event organised by the Muslim Council of Britain to explore responses to terrorism and extremism, held in London on 12 November.
http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2015/11/labour-mp-keith-vaz-would-have-no-problem-with-reintroduction-uk-blasphemy-laws

Stephen
Calcium
Re: Norse Godless - Iceland
on: May 21, 2016, 03:03

Perhaps Vaz will explain how they can apply equally to everyone. In most monotheistic religions the simple act of believing in one god is a blasphemy against some others.

Der Zeit ihre Kunst. Der Kunst ihre Freiheit.

wheels5894
Calcium
on: May 21, 2016, 18:10

Quite, each religion automatically excludes belief in every other religion. The only thing they have in common is hating atheists. We are the problem they all want to solve as we point out the problem of believing without evidence.

Blessed_Ch-
eesemaker
Neon
on: June 2, 2016, 20:30

Blasphemy is subjective, you cannotshould not make laws on subjective matters.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.062 seconds.