Forum

Welcome to the Atheism UK Forum, which is for the discussion of topics related to atheism. This forum is for use by atheists and others that have a non-religious worldview, who live in the UK

Atheism UK also has a page and groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: KARMA ?

watchman
Calcium
KARMA ?
on: September 7, 2012, 22:18

Vatican official says Israel fostering intolerance of Christianity

The Israeli government's failure to respond adequately to Jewish extremist attacks against churches and monasteries is fostering a climate of intolerance towards Christianity in the country, a senior Vatican official in Jerusalem has warned.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9529123/Vatican-official-says-Israel-fostering-intolerance-of-Christianity.html

(Couple of things struck me here...
" Fr Pierbattista Pizzaballa, the Custodian of the Holy Land,"

Custodian of the Holy Land !! now that's a job title. or it was in the 11th century.

Monastery of the Cross, built on the site where the tree used to make Christ's Cross is held to have been planted.

What next ? Monastery of the Garden Centre ,where they bought the seedling from.)

russell20
Calcium
Re: KARMA ?
on: September 8, 2012, 22:34

Ya gotta love 'em, (if only for their consistency) these idiots have been slaughtering each over the same magic man in the sky for 2000 plus years. They all claim divine edict has declared that they "own" the "holy" land and are willing to vilify and kill each other to prove it.

If it were not for the all to numerous innocent people caught in the middle of their wretched religious conflict, I would be more than willing to say "go ahead then kill each other, see if I care"

Human1961
Calcium
on: September 11, 2012, 01:36

Wow nail on the head you two...so when there rule book was writen...they failed to leave out the bit were if you dont follow my rule book we can come slaughter your backsides....silly when you write a rule book best not say thou shalt not kill then go off and kill...I think Ann Rice is much better at writing stories her made up super unhuman beings make no excuse for sucking blood out of people...well unless your brad pit of course he was a nice vampire.

steven k-
palmer
Neon
on: January 8, 2020, 15:09

The peculiar fact about the Semite lands ie The Arabian peninsula up through modern day Syria, Israel Lebanon up to Turkey is that they are all related tribes. They have been churning out religions by the hundreds for thousands of years. Someting to do with living in a desert? The clear skies at night? The harsh living conditions? Anyway Judaism, Christianity and Islam are the 3 surviving religions but there have been hundreds there, all fighting it out for centuries.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.049 seconds.