The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /homepages/20/d676116640/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /homepages/20/d676116640/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Secret Morman Rituals

russell20
Calcium
Secret Morman Rituals
on: October 30, 2012, 11:09

I don't quite know what to say about this nonsense. Except that if anyone thought the Mormans were slightly odd then this video (the first in a series) confirms it 100%. It is shot with a hidden camera and I can see why the church elders would not want this hokum revealed. However, before anyone places too much emphasis on the comedy elements (of which there are many) I may have have a sobering thought for you. Mitt Romney, presidential candidate, is a Morman Bishop and has conducted, in the recent past, the very same rituals himself, sheesh !!!!!

Calcium
Re: Secret Morman Rituals
on: October 30, 2012, 11:51

While these ceremonies may appear ridiculous, they are no more so than eating a biscuit and believing it to be the body of a dead man or drinking a glass of wine and believing it to be the blood of the self same dead man. We only accept these rituals because people have been doing them for so long. All religious beliefs and rituals are silly when looked at from the outside.

russell20
Calcium
on: October 30, 2012, 12:37

@ Graham Martin Royle

I agree, except perhaps, that they do'nt appear to be ridiculous, they just simply are. As for other religious ceremonies, you are right they are also ridiculous. However, the major difference is that they are not hidden from view in the same way. Perhaps that is why people would not view transubstantiation in the same way as maybe baptising the already deceased in to the faith ?

Moreover, we have to ask why they (the Mormons) have kept this nonsense a secret ?. As the men in dress'es and pointy hats do'nt feel the need to hide their idiocy from public view (except when it comes to child abuse obviously) is it a lack of confidence in their own rituals ? Or is it that too much public scrutiny could lead to a slow unravelling of their faith and ultimately their power base in Utah.

russell20
Calcium
on: October 30, 2012, 13:17

Of course you could add to the above that I simply enjoy holding these numbnuts up for ridicule and do'nt really care which branch of woo-woo they represent. Which is why I will probably carry on doing it.

russell20
Calcium
on: October 30, 2012, 13:55

How odd the video has disappeared I will attempt to re-post it later.Ok cancel that it has reappeared 😕 😕

Calcium
on: October 30, 2012, 16:10

@Russell20: You'll get no argument from me about the stupidity of religious ritual, I too like to ridicule the nonsense they put on. As you say, it really doesn't matter what branch of woo they're from, it's all equally foolish, from the incense burners to spinning wheels, from bums in the air to genuflecting, to anyone with an ounce of common sense, it all looks silly.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.