The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Louis Smith "insults religion". Apparently thats a bid deal in Britain

Alcuin
Louis Smith "insults religion". Apparently thats a bid deal in Britain
on: October 12, 2016, 15:30

https://www.british-gymnastics.org/
It appears he was in Kettering at a friend's wedding. Apparently, it isn't possible to be a British gymnast and mock religion on a personal video in case it becomes public.

How some people feel about religion is more important than freedom of speech and expression? Another example of religion being more trouble than its worth.

wheels5894
Calcium
Re: Louis Smith "insults religion". Apparently thats a bid deal in Britain
on: October 13, 2016, 17:30

I wonder how it would been if the pair had done something satirical about British Gymnastics officials?

kennet
Calcium
on: November 12, 2016, 16:11

What's even worse is the way he was forced to apologize, and go on PR-friendly meetings to various mosques, as though it was some sort of re-education program for having had politically incorrect thoughts.

It would have been good if he'd said it was none of anyone's business, he and his friends were having some drunken silliness at a private function. But I can't blame him though, he is probably thinking of his future career, not to mention his personal safety.

It's a sad state of affairs, but let's recognize it: Free speech when it comes to religion, and especially Islam, is de-facto off limits for anyone in the public eye.

nino1970
Calcium
on: November 17, 2016, 15:19

this angers me immensely.......an over simplification I know, but people of faith believe we (the lost unbelievers) will die and spend an eternity in flames. They are allowed to stand in our high streets and shout it to the world, ring their bells on our street corners, shout from their minarets and post their words through our doors!!!!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.059 seconds.