The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /homepages/20/d676116640/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Gang rape punished by hanging.....the victims?????

Virtus83
Calcium
Gang rape punished by hanging.....the victims?????
on: June 7, 2014, 17:49

I'm not sure if this has religious bearing specifically (it has an Islamic whiff about it), 9/10 it usually has in these cases, but it was shocking none the less.

It's an avaaz petition on gang rape in India (what's the obsession with group attacks??), however this one shows two adolescent girls being hanged from a tree, for being raped!!??

What got me was the groups of people just standing around in the sun watching it like it's a game of tennis or something, what a fucking mess! ­čś»

Here's the link if you want to sign it.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/womanifesto_modi_loc/?bnzCzdb&v=40688

Calcium
Re: Gang rape punished by hanging.....the victims?????
on: June 7, 2014, 20:34

Signed.

I understood that it was the rapists that hung the girls, not others as punishment, which I inferred from your post.

Having just been in India for three months I think the misogyny is culture-wide and not specific to Islam. I saw a newspaper report about a court case where a judge had basically ruled that it was ok for husbands to rape their wives; so it goes all the way to the top!

Virtus83
Calcium
Re: Gang rape punished by hanging.....the victims?????
on: June 8, 2014, 18:18

Shit the bed! That's 100% more f**ked up than I first thought. The rapists doing the hanging is just dark age stuff, unbelievable! I thought India had issues but this is bollocks, why are we sending rat holes like this money??

Thanks for the clarification rupert.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.038 seconds.