The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /homepages/20/d676116640/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Ding Dong the witch is gone!!!

Virtus83
Calcium
Ding Dong the witch is gone!!!
on: August 5, 2014, 12:29

Warsi is out, huzzah!! ๐Ÿ˜€

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28656874

Stephen
Calcium
Re: Ding Dong the witch is gone!!!
on: August 5, 2014, 12:38

One of the most self-righteous and selfish politicians I can remember and she was up against some very stiff competition in those fields. I only hope she does not weasel her way back into the higher levels of politics.

Der Zeit ihre Kunst. Der Kunst ihre Freiheit.

wheels5894
Calcium
on: August 5, 2014, 14:37

no to mention unelected. When the voters rejected her the Tories raised her to the House of Lords to get a 'helpful' Muslim into government. I thought that a rather bad trick. I think the government, at least the cabinet ought to be elected politicians, except the leader of the Lords.

I share the hope she doesn't get back in as I don't likje her take on getting religion into everything.

Calcium
on: August 5, 2014, 15:41

While I'm glad to see the back of her I just hope that DC doesn't try to fill her position. We don't need a minister for faith.

:Wheels, you're correct about her being unelected. This is why I support a wholly elected second chamber. We've got to stop politicians being able to get their cronies into positions of power by bypassing the electorate and putting people in the Lords.

Virtus83
Calcium
on: August 6, 2014, 17:18

Warsi actually championed the term "islamophobia" for f**ks sake! Didn't she have some sort of scandal to do with expenses as well?? A very ignorant and polarised individual judging by her comments in interviews and discussion shows etc.

I still laugh when I think of the clip of her talking about how great muslims are for communidees, waffle waffle etc. Then a bunch of muslims start heckling her in the street, she responds to the camera by saying something like "they aren't proper muslims" or "they aren't my kind of muslim". ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Apologies to stephen for pipping him to the warsi bashing post! ๐Ÿ˜€

Stephen
Calcium
on: August 6, 2014, 21:45

No worries Virtus, I think there was probably a good queue to give the bitch a bashing (not to be confused with bashing the bishop) ๐Ÿ™‚

Der Zeit ihre Kunst. Der Kunst ihre Freiheit.

Virtus83
Calcium
on: August 7, 2014, 18:10

At least you could maintain a safe distance while still gesticulating your discontent at her! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.092 seconds.