The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /homepages/20/d676116640/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /homepages/20/d676116640/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: ISIS recruitment leaflet handed out by students in London

Virtus83
Calcium
ISIS recruitment leaflet handed out by students in London
on: August 13, 2014, 18:14

A few days ago, police had to repeatedly take down the black flag of Islam from a housing estate in London.

Now there appears to be a group of Muslims, many students, handing out leaflets encouraging "British Muslims" to join ISIS. Am I f**king imagining this??

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/radical-students-seen-handing-out-leaflets-on-oxford-street-encouraging-british-muslims-to-join-isis-9665280.html

wheels5894
Calcium
Re: ISIS recruitment leaflet handed out by students in London
on: August 13, 2014, 21:00

Wonderful! Just what we need! I hope the group responsible is properly dealt with by the police.

Calcium
on: August 14, 2014, 00:22

Let them go, just don't let them back!

wheels5894
Calcium
on: August 14, 2014, 08:32

Quote from Graham Martin-Royle on August 14, 2014, 00:22
Let them go, just don't let them back!

That sounds like policy!

Of course, why would they want to come back - maybe they like living in a Caliphate with very strict rules and not the relaxed regime we have in the UK. Some hope. If the Caliphate lasts, I bet the westerners who went to join it are back to get away from the pressure of keeping up with the rules!

Sempsy
Calcium
on: August 14, 2014, 19:14

Please let them go freely with a one way ticket and any supporters should be forced to go with them!

Virtus83
Calcium
on: August 14, 2014, 21:33

We need to f**king air-drop Andy Choudry and Omar Bakri there as well, these c**ts are responsible for preaching this shite to them and many others.

wheels5894
Calcium
on: August 15, 2014, 10:19

Quote from Virtus83 on August 14, 2014, 21:33
We need to f**king air-drop Andy Choudry and Omar Bakri there as well, these c**ts are responsible for preaching this shite to them and many others.

Interesting point! Of course it does bring up the question of why they haven't gone of their own free will to join the caliphate. It couldn't be, could it, that they might not have the position of power they think they have here? Or could it that they think that whilst it is fine for young men to get killed, they are too important to be killed?

Calcium
on: August 15, 2014, 10:53

Apparently the IS isn't even islamic, it's a zionist plot by those wicked jews to discredit islam!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/499344/Dutch-government-official-claims-Isis-is-Zionist-plan-to-discredit-Islam

Incredible!

Virtus83
Calcium
on: August 15, 2014, 23:32

She's not a Labour activist is she?

I'm glad they fired the apologist git, wonder if she be a mussie hmmm???

MattR
Calcium
on: September 2, 2014, 12:20

The best response I've seen is quoted at http://downeastblog.blogspot.dk/2014/08/meet-yasmina-haifi-dutch-ministry-of.html

"She could be right. On the other hand, maybe Yasmina Haifi is a Zionist plot to make Islam look bad"

MattR
Calcium
on: September 2, 2014, 17:03

It always makes me laugh when a 'moderate' muslim is wheeled out (as in The Standard article) to say "these people don't understand Islam". Ah, so killing of apostates, slaughter of enemy combatants, sexual slavery and child sex have nothing to do with Islam! I must have been reading the wrong book.

The same applies to the Old Testament I guess, but when we hear of Christian rape and murder in, say, Uganda, the media doesn't usually consider it necessary to phone the Archbishop of Canterbury and say, "so do you approve of what they're doing?". For some reason it seems we need to be reminded that Islam is the 'religion of peace'!

Calcium
on: September 2, 2014, 19:09

But who is to say that the "moderate" muslim is correct in their interpretation of the koran? Same with christianity when the Westboro baptist church is said not to be a true representation of the bible. Who says that their view is incorrect and why should they be right?

MattR
Calcium
on: September 4, 2014, 12:42

Obviously all religious interpretations of scripture are nonsense. I just think its interesting that when Muslims do something horrible, we are always told "but that isn't real Islam". When Israel takes land from the Palestinians, no Jew feels the need to come forward and say "Judaism doesn't promote Imperialism and theft". And when the WBC says gays will burn in hell, my local vicar doesn't pop round and say "I hope you realise that I disagree with them". We are expected to assume that Judaism and Christianity are basically benign. But apparently the media and/or the Government are worried we might think all Muslims are murderous nutters.

I think the reason for that is that there [/i]is[i] so much murderous insanity committed by so many Muslims. The response of the Government and the media (at least the media I watch/read/listen to) is to try and persuade us that it isn't the case.

My response would be to make clear through actions, words and legislation that [/i]all[i] religious belief is a totally private matter and in all circumstances is subordinate to UK, European and International Law. I would make indoctrinating children with religious belief a criminal offence. At every opportunity I would point out that murder, rape, slavery, etc [/i]is[i] consistent with Islam, Judaism and Christianity, and that it is therefore perfectly sensible to be wary of religious believers. And I would provide state-funded religious de-programming to anyone that wanted it.

End of rant ­čÖé

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.086 seconds.