The Atheism UK (Mingle) Forum closed on 16th November 2020. Instead, Atheism UK has a page and two groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Witch

oneatheist
Neon
Witch
on: September 1, 2014, 01:08

British witches demand justice for the Bideford Three executed 300 years ago This is an article in the Independent today. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-witches-demand-justice-for-the-bideford-three-executed-300-years-ago-9702695.html

I know AtheismUK is looking for an opportunity to seek damages for the unjustifiable deaths of witches. Is this such a chance?

Alcuin
Re: Witch
on: September 1, 2014, 11:55

Quote: “By getting them pardoned we are making a statement that this bigoted behaviour should not be tolerated nowadays,” explained Jackie Juno, the event’s 51-year-old co-founder"
Nowadays? It was 300 years ago, not 300 beers ago. Tongue-in-cheek (or stupid) behaviour shouldn't be paid so much attention nowadays, lady.

Virtus83
Calcium
on: September 2, 2014, 17:03

Plenty of witches still out there apparently, according to most Evangelicals.

Sempsy
Calcium
on: September 4, 2014, 19:07

I live near Pendle Hill in Lancashire where there is a history of witch-hunting/burning, now it's just treated as some sort of cultural badge - the local buses feature Pendle Witches logos (why do the yanks call them de-cals?) - surprised the muslim majority round here hasn't taken to setting fire to them all!

Virtus83
Calcium
on: September 13, 2014, 15:24

I live near Blackburn, twinned with Islamabad!

I think it's because mussies are unaware of how un-islamic a bus can really be!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.077 seconds.