Forum

Welcome to the Atheism UK Forum, which is for the discussion of topics related to atheism. This forum is for use by atheists and others that have a non-religious worldview, who live in the UK

Atheism UK also has a page and groups on Facebook.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: My Story. Part 2 of 4

firebrand
Calcium
My Story. Part 2 of 4
on: November 28, 2014, 08:00

We were on our knees, huddled in a little circle in the middle of the sitting room. I had managed to position myself so that Mother was between me and the two Americans. They looked strange in their black suits. They smelled strange. Their accents were even stranger.

Then they began to chant religious incantations that to my seven-year-old mind were unintelligible. After we had all muttered “Amen”, one of them invited Father to say a prayer. He mumbled something about, “Thanks to Gard … won’ful woife … an’ fam’ly.” Father never did speak well without his false teeth in.

“Amen”, we all repeated.

My brother was next. He was five years older than me and treated the whole performance as a bit of a lark.

Then it was my turn. A high-pitched squeak came from the back of my throat and I crumpled into a fit of uncontrollable weeping.

The Americans came every week for about a month, and each time I cried all the way through the whole sordid ritual. After that Father became dimly aware of the damage they were doing, so he got rid of them and wouldn’t allow them back in the house.

Mother took it rather badly. She would shut herself away in her bedroom for hours on end with the door closed. A couple of times she tried to leave home, but we managed to prevent her. I even restrained her myself once, despite being only seven. After that she never tried to leave home again. Quite the opposite, in fact. For the next five years she barely ever left the house at all.

But that was just the beginning.

Graham-
Martin-Roy-
le
Calcium
Re: My Story. Part 2 of 4
on: November 28, 2014, 15:18

Oh shit. I'm not sure I like where this is going. Guess I'll have to wait until the next episode. The waiting is as bad as those old movies I used to go watch every week, a cliff hanger at the end of every episode.

russell20
Calcium
on: November 28, 2014, 16:16

Bloody hell this is getting worse i dread to think what might happen next.

steven k-
palmer
Neon
on: January 8, 2020, 11:27

Dont tell me . She slipped out on the night and escaped to Salt Lake City! The next time you saw here she was a slave roadie carrying amps around for the Osmonds! NO!!!!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.09 seconds.