The Road to a Christian Iran
By Willem Sander van Boxtel
In the early hours of November 10th 2016, many of us atheists woke up to the dawn of at least another four years of religious rule in the world’s most major powerhouse. But for secular non-believers, Donald Trump is not the real danger. The real threat to the atheist democracy as intended by the American founding fathers, and as enshrined in the US Constitution, comes from the well-known evangelical heavyweight now known as Vice President-elect Mike Pence.
Continue reading “Mike Pence and the Evangelical Vote”
If I may be self indulgent for a moment…
Rich Honess of Atheism UK joins host Jake Farr-Wharton and AAI President Stuart Bechman in discussing the top religion stories from 2013 on the Secular World Podcast.
Atheist Ireland in accociation with the Atheist Alliance Internation present the Empowering Women Through Secularism Conference. To be held at the O’Callahagn Alexander Hotel on 28th-30th June 2013.
The Atheist Alliance International will also be holding its AGM during the course of the conference and all members are welcome to attend.
- Ivana Bacik, Irish Senator and member of Atheist Ireland
- Dan Barker, Freedom From Religion Foundation, USA
- Ophelia Benson, author and commentator, USA
- Ann Brusseel, Member of Flemish Parliament, Belgium
- Mairin de Burca, writer and secularist, Ireland
- Carlos Diaz, President Atheist Alliance International, Argentina
- Jane Donnelly, Education Policy Officer Atheist Ireland
- Annie Laurie Gaylor, Freedom From Religion Foundation, USA
- Anthea McTiernan, reproductive rights activist and journalist
- PZ Myers, science professor and blogger, USA
- Maryam Namazie, Council of Ex-Muslims in Britain, Iran
- Taslima Nasrin, novelist and activist, Bangladesh and India
- Michael Nugent, Chairperson Atheist Ireland
- Nina Sankari, Polish Rationalist Association
- Farhana Shakir, lawyer and legal consultant, Pakistan
- Kate Smurthwaite, comedian and activist, Britain
- Anne Marie Waters, One Law for All Campaign, Britain
- Rebecca Watson, Skepchick network, USA
For full details and booking information please go to the Conference Website.